Quick Mexican Chicken
As a mom of three busy kids, I am always looking for quick, easy recipes. One of our go-to favorites is this shredded Mexican chicken. It only takes a little time but adds a lot of flavor! We love to use it for tacos and even salads. The possibilities are endless!
Are you also a busy parent, who's looking to lose weight? Check out Weight Loss Food Prep Tricks for Busy Parents.
Makes 4 servings
Ingredients for quick Mexican chicken
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can mild green chilies
- ½ cup salsa
Directions for quick Mexican chicken
- Place broth and chicken in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to a simmer and add green chilies.
- Stir occasionally until chicken is cooked through, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks on a cutting board.
- Place chicken back into pot with chilies and broth and add salsa.
- Heat and serve.
- calories: 181
- carbohydrates: 4.7g
- fat: 7.5g
- fiber: 0.7g
- protein: 21.6g
- sugars: 3.7g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?