Pumpkin Spice Eggs
This dish makes a delicious breakfast. Pumpkin puree adds a boost of flavor to traditional scrambled eggs. If you prefer a more complete breakfast meal, serve this dish with a side of turkey bacon and a cup of fresh berries.
There have been many mixed messages about eggs and type 2 diabetes. Check out this article to learn more!
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup almond milk, unsweetened vanilla
- ½ tsp pumpkin spice
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- In a small bowl, beat together eggs, pumpkin puree, almond milk, pumpkin spice, and salt
- In a medium size skillet, heat coconut oil on medium heat, until melted
- Pour egg mixture into skillet
- Heat egg mixture on medium heat for approximately 5 minutes (until eggs set)
- calories: 250
- carbohydrates: 10g
- fat: 17g
- fiber: 5g
- protein: 15g
- sugar: 4g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
What are your go-to snacks when managing type 2 diabetes?