Pumpkin Pie Yogurt Bowl
Fall in love with the warm taste of this dinnertime pumpkin pie yogurt bowl. After all, breakfast is considered the most important meal of the day. Keep the morning vibes rolling to dinner with this quick, nutritionally balanced, and utterly delicious meal. It’s high in protein, heart-healthy omega-3s, and hearty fiber that help stabilize blood glucose levels. Plus, cinnamon packs a powerful punch of polyphenols, which may help establish healthy gut bacteria, decrease inflammation, and improve overall glucose control.1 Not to mention, this dish has a sweet and savory taste that will bring back nostalgic memories of homemade seasonal favorite treats. It’s pumpkin spice and everything nice!
Makes: 1 serving
Serving size: 1 parfait
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Ingredients for pumpkin pie yogurt bowl
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 apple (Fuji, Pink Lady, or Gala)
- 8 walnut halves
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
Directions for pumpkin pie yogurt bowl
- In a small bowl, chop and bake the apple in the microwave. Approximately 2 minutes.
- In a separate covered bowl, microwave pumpkin until warm. Approximately 1 minute.
- Combine apple and pumpkin mixture until fully incorporated. The mixture should be warm, rather than hot, in order to avoid yogurt curdling.
- Next add in yogurt, cinnamon, and maple syrup. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Serve topped with walnut halves and chia seeds.
- calories: 445
- carbohydrate: 51g
- fat: 19g
- fiber: 17g
- potassium: 257mg
- protein: 27g
- saturated fat: 2g
- sodium: 69mg
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How often do you visit the Type2Diabetes.com community?