This dish makes a great breakfast meal. The extra protein is sure to keep you feeling satisfied until lunch. The protein scramble is a vegetarian dish, featuring a ground beef meat alternative. Sour cream and garlic powder give this dish a boost of flavor.
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup Morningstar Farms Grillers Crumbles (ground beef meat alternative)
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. sour cream
- 1 tbsp. water (or milk)
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl beat eggs
- Mix in sour cream, water (or milk), cheddar cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Spray cooking pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Pour egg mixture into pan
- Heat egg mixture on medium, while stirring with a spatula until the eggs have set
- calories: 332
- carbohydrates: 6g
- fat: 21g
- fiber: 3g
- protein: 30g
- sugars: 2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?