Pork Chop Nuggets
Coat pork chops with bread crumbs, oregano and basil for a twist on chicken nuggets.
- 4 pork chops
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 4 cups assorted vegetable mix: broccoli, carrot chips and snap peas
- Using a meat tenderizer, pound pork chops until they are flattened out to half their original height.
- Cut each pork chop into four long pieces.
- Crack an egg into a shallow bowl and mix until the yolk and egg whites are mixed together.
- Add whole wheat bread crumbs, oregano and basil to a plate.
- Dip each pork chop into the egg mixture, then into the bread crumbs and spice mix.
- Pan fry pork chops in olive oil for 10-15 minutes, flipping when halfway cooked.
- Steam assorted vegetable mix and serve with pork chops.
- calories: 340
- calories from fat: 205
- carbohydrates: 11.1g
- cholesterol: 110mg
- dietary fiber: 2.8g
- fat: 22.8g
- potassium: 595mg
- protein: 22.8g
- saturated fat: 8.0g
- sodium: 151mg
- sugars: 2.1g
- trans fat: 0.0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you like to eat grilled cheese sandwiches?