Pesto Shrimp Pasta
This meal is sure to be a crowd pleaser! Zucchini noodles make a great alternative to traditional pasta noodles but without all the carbs. If you have an allergy to shrimp, try using grilled chicken as a substitute.
Interested in more substitutes for pasta? Check out this article!
Serving size: approximately 2 cups
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 12 oz shrimp, tail removed and deveined
- Salt to taste
- 3 cups zucchini noodles
- 1/4 cup basil pesto sauce
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tsp walnuts, crushed
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes
- Add shrimp to skillet and heat for another 3 to 5 minutes
- Add salt to taste
- Add zucchini noodles and basal pesto sauce
- Stir ingredients together until coated in basil pesto sauce
- Cook over medium heat for another 3 to 5 minutes
- Stir in feta cheese
- Top with crushed walnuts
- calories: 449
- carbohydrates: 7g
- fat: 27g
- fiber: 2g
- protein: 43g
- sugar: 5g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you have high blood pressure?