Pesto Pine Nut Pizza
If you have diabetes, pizza does not have be off limits, you just need to be creative in how you enjoy your pie. This recipe uses cauliflower crust, in place of traditional flour-based crust, which helps reduce the carb amount significantly.
Interested in more low-carb pizza recipes? Check out this article about Low Carb Pizza and Zero Guilt!
Service Size: 2 slices of pizza
- Cauliflower pizza crust (Brand used: Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Pizza Crust)
- ¼ cup pesto sauce
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 oz. canned or fresh button mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place pizza crust on baking sheet. Bake pizza crust for 10 minutes, flip pizza crust over and bake for another 10 minutes
- Remove pizza crust from oven
- Use a spoon or spatula to evenly spread pesto sauce around pizza crust
- Top with parmesan cheese, mushrooms and pine nuts
- Bake pizza for another 5 minutes (or until cheese has melted)
- calories: 275
- carbohydrates: 28g
- fat: 14g
- fiber: 3g
- protein: 8g
- sugars: 0.5g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?