Pesto Chicken Salad
Fresh, light and ultra protein-packed, this delicious savory salad is perfect for lunch or dinner and can be easily prepped in advance for on-the-go!
Servings: Makes 2
- 1 chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tablespoons red onion, sliced
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tablespoons Pesto
- Preheat oven to 450'F
- Lightly sprinkle chicken on both sides with a pinch salt and roast on a baking sheet for 25-30min or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
- While chicken is roasting, prepare salad. Add spinach, bell pepper and onion to a bowl and toss with lemon juice and salt.
- Let cooked chicken rest for 5 min then shred using two forks. Toss chicken in pesto sauce until well coated. Divide greens into two portions, top each with pesto chicken and serve.
Want to know more about how protein can help with weight management? Check out this article to learn more!
- calories: 231
- carbohydrates: 4.9
- fat: 7.86g
- potassium: 849mg
- protein: 33g
- saturated fat: 1.3g
- sodium: 339mg
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?