Pesto Chicken and Roasted Vegetable Nourish Bowls
Full of flavor, nutrients and color, these nourish bowls will leave you feeling full and satisfied. Roasting the vegetables gives them a delicious sweet and smokey flavor and bold pesto chicken brings a burst of flavor.
Servings: Makes 4
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 7-8 mini bella mushrooms, stems removed, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups riced broccoli*
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup pesto
- Preheat oven to 450'F
- Lightly sprinkle chicken breasts on both sides with a pinch of salt and bake on a baking sheet for 25-30 minutes until they reach an internal temperature of 165'F. Let cooked chicken rest about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped zucchini, mushrooms, bell peppers and onion to another baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 Tablespoons of oil and salt and toss to coat. Add to the oven with the chicken when there is about 20 minutes remaining so veggies will roast for 20 min. Stir once half-way through cooking.
- While chicken and veggies are roasting, cook riced broccoli. In a saucepan over medium-high heat add 1 tablespoon oil. Add in riced broccoli and garlic powder and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until tender and fragrant.
- Shred chicken with two forks and add pesto and toss to coat.
- Assemble bowls with 1/2 cup each of pesto chicken, riced broccoli and roasted vegetables.
*Note: Riced broccoli is simply raw broccoli that has been very finely chopped. Many markets carry pre-made riced broccoli in their fresh produce section or you can easily make your own. Roughly chop the florets and stems of broccoli and process in a food processor until it reaches a consistency that resembles rice. This method also works well with raw cauliflower!
Interested in more delicious vegetable recipes? Check our this Over Roasted Vegetable Medley recipe!
- calories: 356
- carbohydrates: 6.4g
- fat: 18g
- fiber: 3.0g
- potassium: 681mg
- protein: 33g
- saturated fat: 2.5g
- sodium: 297mg
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?