Pesto Brussels Sprouts
There was a time when I refused to eat all cooked vegetables! That all changed when I discovered roasted Brussels sprouts. This recipe is my spin on roasted Brussels sprouts and it makes an excellent side dish.
Interested in including more veggies in your diet? Check out 15 Clever Ways to Eat More Vegetables!
Servings size: ~ ¾ cup
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/4 cup pesto sauce
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts, pesto sauce, and walnuts
- Mix ingredients together until Brussels sprouts are coated in pesto sauce
- Spread mixture evenly onto baking sheet
- Bake Brussels sprouts for 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees
- Remove Brussels sprouts from oven to add parmesan cheese and balsamic vinegar
- Mix ingredients together
- Place Brussels sprouts back into the oven for another 1-3 minutes
- calories: 132
- carbohydrates: 7g
- fat: 11g
- fiber: 2g
- protein: 5g
- sugar: 1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?