Pasta and Hamburger Casserole
I don’t like to admit it but I actually like Hamburger Helper once in a while. This is my homemade version. Invite friends over to share or make this recipe expecting lots of leftovers. It only takes half an hour to make it too!
Serving approx 1 cup
Ingredients for pasta and hamburger casserole
- 3 cups medium-sized pasta shells, cooked
- 1.5 lbs extra lean hamburger, cooked
- 6 medium stocks celery, chopped
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
- 13.5 oz tomatoes, canned, diced
- 22 oz salsa, mild, jarred
- 13 oz salsa con queso, medium, jarred
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
Directions for pasta and hamburger casserole
- In a large pot, cook pasta shells.
- In another pot, at the same time, chop up celery and onion. Add to hamburger, cook thoroughly. Drain.
- Add canned tomatoes, both salsas, salt and white pepper.
- Mix well.
- Add cooked pasta shells. Mix again.
- Heat on low heat, stirring occasionally. Heat and serve.
- calories: 353
- carbohydrates: 40.3g
- cholesterol: 51mg
- fat: 11.4g
- fiber: 3.5g
- protein: 21.4g
- saturated fat: 4g
- sodium: 1022mg
- sugar: 4.2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?