I work full-time and in a different city than where I live. I’m not the most organized person in the morning so for a long time, breakfast suffered. When breakfast suffered so did my diabetes. I needed a nutritious breakfast that I can make quickly and is portable. The protein in the Greek yogurt slows how fast my body reacts to the frozen fruit. The fat in it keeps me satisfied for about three and a half hours. The raspberries are high in fiber too! I love the antioxidants the matcha can add. I am not a fan of ice in my smoothies, I like them thick. The real bonus though, my sugars remain virtually the same when I test before drinking it and two hours after. Five minutes to prepare and I’m out the door!
- ½ cup (125 ml) unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup (125 ml) 2% fat, vanilla Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup (125 ml) frozen raspberries
- 1 tsp (5 ml) flax seed meal
- 1 tsp (5 ml) green tea matcha, optional
Add ingredients in the order listed. Mix well. Add a straw and go.