Nut and Greek Yogurt Apple Treat
Recently, I went apple picking and wanted to come up with a new way to enjoy the apples I brought home. I decided to create a healthy dessert that combines just four ingredients: Granny Smith apples, peanut butter, vanilla Greek Yogurt, and crushed peanuts.
Makes 2 servings
Serving size: 1/2 apple
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Ingredients for nut and Greek yogurt apple treat
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, sliced
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup of vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp crushed peanuts
Directions for nut and Greek yogurt apple treat
- In a small bowl, mix Greek yogurt and creamy peanut butter.
- Dip each apple slice into Greek yogurt mixture.
- Top with crushed peanuts.
- calories: 104
- carbohydrate: 16g
- fat: 5g
- fiber: 2g
- potassium: 164mg
- protein: 5g
- sodium: 44mg
- sugar: 11g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?