Mini Whole-Wheat Muffins
These whole-wheat muffins are great for breakfast or an afternoon snack. To reduce the carb content, I used Truvia Baking Blend in place of granulated sugar. For extra protein, I used Greek yogurt in place of milk, 1 extra egg, and a peanut butter topping.
Makes 18 mini muffins
Serving size: 1 muffin
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup Truvia Baking Blend
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1 container (5.3 oz.) of Chobani vanilla Greek yogurt (I used the non-fat version)
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Peanut butter (1 tsp. for each muffin)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray muffin tin with baking spray
- Combine dry ingredients in large mixing bowl
- Combine wet ingredients in separate bowl, whisk together until well combined
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, mix together with fork until well combined
- Using mini muffin scoop, fill each cup of muffin tin to ½ to ¾ full.
- Bake muffins in over at 350 degrees for approximately 15 minutes
- Remove from oven
- Put muffins on cooling rack. Allow muffins to cool for 10 minutes.
- Top each muffin with 1 tsp. of peanut butter
- calories: 129
- carbohydrates: 15g
- fat: 7g
- fiber: 2g
- protein: 5g
- sugars: 1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, sleep apnea, RLS) in addition to your diabetes?