Easy Microwave Omelet
A great start to your day, this omelet is packed with protein, super easy to prepare and the flavors can be customized with what you have on hand.
- 1 egg, organic
- 1 tablespoon zucchini, chopped
- 1 tsp green onion, diced
- 1 tsp diced tomato
- 1 tsp Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Crack egg into a small ramekin, mug or other microwave safe dish. Beat egg well using a whisk or fork.
- Add in diced zucchini, green onions, diced tomatoes and cheese.
- *Microwave for 1 minute or until cooked through.
- Serve hot, topped with another pinch of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Notes: This recipe is the perfect way to use up any extra veggies you may have on hand. Substitute some diced mushroom, red onion, spinach, bell pepper or 1 tablespoon of deli ham or turkey and you have a whole new flavor combination.
- *Microwave times may vary. You may choose to start with a cooking time of 45 seconds the first time and add time until egg is cooked through and no longer runny
- calories: 72
- calories from fat: 44
- cholesterol: 165mg
- potassium: 92mg
- protein: 6.4g
- saturated fat: 1.7g
- sodium: 83mg
- sugars: 0.6g
- total carbohydrates: 0.9g
- total fat: 4.9g
- trans fat: 0.0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
What are your go-to snacks when managing type 2 diabetes?