Meatball casserole is a delicious and hearty dinner that is especially perfect on a cold night. To save time, this recipe can be prepared in advance.
Serving size: 2 meatballs with sauce/cheese mixture
- 1 cup Portobello mushrooms, diced
- 6 baby bell peppers, diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 8 fully cooked turkey meatballs, cut in half (Trader Joe’s brand used for this recipe)
- 1 cups part skim mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium size skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat
- Add peppers to skillet and heat on medium heat for 3-4 minutes
- Add spaghetti sauce (set aside approximately ¼ cup of spaghetti sauce) to skillet
- Stir all ingredients for another 3-5 minutes
- Remove sauce mixture from heat
- Using a medium size baking dish, place ¼ cup of spaghetti sauce at the bottom of the casserole dish
- Place meatballs flat size down in casserole dish
- Top meatballs with spaghetti sauce mixtures
- Spread both cheese evenly over the top of meatball casserole
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
Interested in more meatball recipes? Check out this recipe for Rosemary Parmesan Chicken Meatballs!
- calories: 300
- carbohydrates: 20g
- fat: 14g
- fiber: 5g
- protein: 24g
- sugars: 9g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?