This makes for a fun appetizer or even a snack to enjoy!
Interested in more appetizer ideas to serve at your next party? Check out these 15 low carb appetizers!
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb. shrimp
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- dash of salt and pepper
- Chop shrimp into bite sized pieces and cook in olive oil for 10-15 minutes in a medium sized frying pan.
- On a cutting board, finely dice red onion, ginger and cilantro.
- Once the shrimp has been cooked, chill in the freezer for 10-15 minutes while you prep the rest of the ingredients.
- Next, dice the tomato, yellow pepper, avocado and put in a bowl. Mix together and add salt, pepper and lime juice.
- After the shrimp has been chilled, mix with the rest of the ingredients, then serve in martini glasses with a chip.
- calories: 112
- carbohydrates: 7g
- cholesterol: 116mg
- dietary fiber: 2g
- fat: 4g
- monounsaturated fat: 2g
- potassium: 209mg
- protein: 20g
- saturated fat: 1g
- sodium: 305mg
- sugar: 0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you have high blood pressure?