Lower-Carb Squash Pasta
Ingredients for lower-carb squash pasta
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 15.5 oz jar tomato sauce (Rao’s Marinara was used in this recipe)
- 2 yellow squash, sliced into circles
Directions for lower-carb squash pasta
- In a large skillet, brown ground turkey until cooked through.
- Drain excess liquid and pour the marinara sauce into the skillet with the meat. Place on low heat until warm and bubbly.
- In a smaller skillet, place sliced squash and cook over medium heat, turning and flipping frequently. Squash is done when it is soft and slightly brown.
- Place ¼ of cooked squash onto each plate and cover with one cup of marinara and meat mixture. Serve warm.
- calories: 272
- carbohydrate: 12.8g
- fat: 13.7g
- fiber: 3g
- potassium: 892mg
- protein: 24.3g
- sodium: 490mg
- sugar: 8g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, sleep apnea, RLS) in addition to your diabetes?