Low Carb Zucchini & Feta Pancakes
Feeling like a pancake stack for breakfast? Well how about a delicious savory low-carb alternative? If you answered yes and yes, then check this recipe out! It contains only 5 ingredients, it’s quick to make and it’s a delicious, light and fresh start to your day.
Interested in more low-carb breakfast ideas? Check out this article!
Serving size: 1
- ½ cup grated zucchini
- 1.5oz/40g feta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Juice from half a lemon
- In a bowl combine the grated zucchini, feta cheese, eggs and chives and mix well
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat
- Using a soup or dessert spoon, place single spoon amounts of the mixture into the pan leaving space around the mini pancakes to allow for easy flipping
- Once they have browned on one side, flip and allow to brown on the other side
- Remove them from the pan and continue to cook the remainder of the batch
- Serve with freshly squeezed lemon juice
- calories: 373
- carbohydrates: 1.5g
- cholesterol: 515.2mg
- fiber: 0.8g
- potassium: 292.4mg
- protein: 20.2g
- saturated fat: 10.5g
- sodium: 590.8mg
- sugars: 1.5g
- total fat: 31.8g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?