Low Carb Fish and Chips
Take out the batter, fry up a salmon fillet in olive oil and serve with fries to get a lower carb version of fish and chips.
- 1 salmon fillet
- 8 Alexia oven fries, olive oil and rosemary and garlic flavor
- 1 cup spinach
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 avocado, diced
- 1 tbs. Italian dressing
- 1 tbs, olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, add potatoes and bake for 25 minutes.
- In a medium sized pan, fry salmon in olive oil for 10-15 minutes, until it is cooked all the way through.
- On a cutting board, dice avocado and cut tomatoes.
- In a bowl, add spinach, shredded carrots, diced avocado, cut tomatoes and salad dressing.
- calories: 471
- cholesterol: 49mg
- dietary fiber: 7.9g
- potassium: 1442mg
- protein: 21.5g
- saturated fat: 5.6g
- sodium: 80mg
- sugars: 9.6g
- total carbohydrates: 25.5g
- total fat: 34g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, sleep apnea, RLS) in addition to your diabetes?