Light Chicken Veggie Wraps
Flavorful, crunchy and light, this wrap is a delicious idea for lunch at the office or on the go.
- 1 low-carb/low-fat whole wheat tortilla, "soft taco size" approx 8 inches
- 2 tablespoons avocado, mashed
- 1 cup raw 3-color coleslaw mix
- 2 ounces grilled chicken breast, lightly salted, sliced into strips
- 1/4 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Spread mashed avocado evenly over tortilla.
- Add in slaw mix, chicken strips, bell pepper and lemon juice, laying ingredients length-wise across middle of the tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla, pressing veggies and chicken in as you roll. Slice in half, at an angle, and serve.
Tip: Make this ahead in the morning. Just wrap tightly in plastic wrap or foil and keep chilled until lunch. Perfect for work lunch or picnic.
Note: Coleslaw mix can be found in the produce department by the packaged salads. Make several wraps or save remaining salad for a light and crunchy side dish with dinner later in
- calories: 203
- calories from fat: 69
- cholesterol: 49mg
- dietary fiber: 11.2g
- potassium: 295mg
- protein: 24.6g
- saturated fat: 0.8g
- sodium: 548mg
- sugars: 3.3g
- total carbohydrates: 17.7g
- total fat: 7.7g
- trans fat: 0.0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?