Lemon Coconut Bites
These cookie bites are lemony and have tasty chewy texture from the shredded coconut. If you are looking for an occasional sweet treat that's satisfying, give these a try. They are easy to put together and there's no baking required. They are grain-free for those who are looking for gluten-free options.
- 1 cup Organic Finely Shredded Coconut, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal (or Almond "Flour")
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons melted Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon good quality vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon good quality salt
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl using a fork to combine.
- Using a tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop out the mixture and form it into a ball in your hand.
- Roll and sprinkle with extra coconut flakes and place on a Silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place sheet into the refrigerator for 1 hour to firm, then enjoy!
- Notes: These use coconut sugar, which looks similar to brown sugar but has a lower glycemic index than regular sugar. Coconut sugar can be found in the baking aisle or health aisle of most grocery stores.
- Tip: Once the coconut bites have firmed up you can transfer them to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Per 21g serving (one piece)
- calories: 89
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fiber: 1.1g
- potassium: 29mg
- protein: 1.3g
- saturated fat: 5.2g
- sodium: 25mg
- sugars: 2.7g
- total carbohydrates: 4.1g
- total fat: 8.1g
- trans fat: 0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original. Scaling only applies to the ingredient measurements: no adjustment is made to the recipe instructions, so pan sizes and cooking times and ingredient amounts referred to in the text of the recipe only apply to the original number of servings.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?