Lemon Coconut Bites
These cookie bites are lemony and have tasty chewy texture from the shredded coconut. If you are looking for an occasional sweet treat that's satisfying, give these a try. They are easy to put together and there's no baking required. They are grain-free for those who are looking for gluten-free options.
- 1 cup Organic Finely Shredded Coconut, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal (or Almond "Flour")
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons melted Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon good quality vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon good quality salt
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl using a fork to combine.
- Using a tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop out the mixture and form it into a ball in your hand.
- Roll and sprinkle with extra coconut flakes and place on a Silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place sheet into the refrigerator for 1 hour to firm, then enjoy!
- Notes: These use coconut sugar, which looks similar to brown sugar but has a lower glycemic index than regular sugar. Coconut sugar can be found in the baking aisle or health aisle of most grocery stores.
- Tip: Once the coconut bites have firmed up you can transfer them to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Per 21g serving (one piece)
- calories: 89
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fiber: 1.1g
- potassium: 29mg
- protein: 1.3g
- saturated fat: 5.2g
- sodium: 25mg
- sugars: 2.7g
- total carbohydrates: 4.1g
- total fat: 8.1g
- trans fat: 0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you know someone living with kidney cancer?