Kale Chicken and Egg Salad
If you prefer to eat a lighter lunch, this recipe is a great option. The protein-rich ingredients will help keep you satisfied for hours!
Interested in adding more protein to your diet? Check out this article to learn more about protein sources.
Serving size: ~1.5 cups
Ingredients for kale chicken and egg salad
- 4 cups baby kale
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 6 oz grilled chicken breast (the brand used for this recipe: Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Breast Strips)
- 0.60 oz dry roasted almonds, crushed (the brand used for this recipe: EMERALD 100 calorie pack dry roasted almonds)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Directions for kale chicken and egg salad
- In a large bowl, combine baby kale, hard-boiled eggs, chicken, and dry roasted almonds
- In a small bowl whisk together balsamic vinegar and olive oil
- Pour dressing over salad mixture
- calories: 204
- carbohydrates: 10g
- fat: 11g
- fiber: 3g
- potassium: 375mg
- protein: 19g
- sodium: 351mg
- sugar: 2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How long have you been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes?