Jack 'O Lantern Fruit Plate
Looking for a healthier alternative to processed candy and sweets? Try this adorable fruit platter, perfect to bring to a child's school party or impress your co-workers at the office.
- 15-20 Mandarin Oranges, peeled and separated
- 1 cup grapes
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 10-15 Fresh Strawberries, halved
- 1 stalk celery, cut into thirds
- Wash and prep fruit.
- Begin by arranging orange segments on your platter or flat bottomed bowl.
- Once it's nearly filled with oranges, gently create eyes, nose and mouth by placing other fruits in between the oranges.
- Add in the celery "stems" and it's ready to serve.
- Notes/Tip: For best results peel Mandarin oranges no more than a couple of hours before you plan to serve and cover the fruit plate right away with plastic wrap to prevent them from drying out.
Per 1/2 cup serving (serves 12-14)
- calories: 61
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fiber: 1.5g
- potassium: 214mg
- protein: 1g
- sodium: 8mg
- sugars: 13.9g
- total carbohydrates: 15.7g
- total fat: 0.2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Has diabetes changed your exercise routine?