Jack 'O Lantern Fruit Plate
Looking for a healthier alternative to processed candy and sweets? Try this adorable fruit platter, perfect to bring to a child's school party or impress your co-workers at the office.
- 15-20 Mandarin Oranges, peeled and separated
- 1 cup grapes
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 10-15 Fresh Strawberries, halved
- 1 stalk celery, cut into thirds
- Wash and prep fruit.
- Begin by arranging orange segments on your platter or flat bottomed bowl.
- Once it's nearly filled with oranges, gently create eyes, nose and mouth by placing other fruits in between the oranges.
- Add in the celery "stems" and it's ready to serve.
- Notes/Tip: For best results peel Mandarin oranges no more than a couple of hours before you plan to serve and cover the fruit plate right away with plastic wrap to prevent them from drying out.
Per 1/2 cup serving (serves 12-14)
- calories: 61
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fiber: 1.5g
- potassium: 214mg
- protein: 1g
- sodium: 8mg
- sugars: 13.9g
- total carbohydrates: 15.7g
- total fat: 0.2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original. Scaling only applies to the ingredient measurements: no adjustment is made to the recipe instructions, so pan sizes and cooking times and ingredient amounts referred to in the text of the recipe only apply to the original number of servings.
How stressed out do you feel today?