Italian Bolognese Stew
All the flavors of a delicious Italian meal are in this hearty slow-cooker stew, perfect for dinner tonight.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (15oz) can diced tomatoes with their juices
- 2 cups no sugar added pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup water
- Add ground beef to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown meat and break it up with a wooden spoon.
- Add in mushrooms, onion and bell pepper and continue to saute until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are fragrant and tender.
- Add meat and vegetables to bottom of slow cooker.
- Add diced tomatoes, pasta sauce, Italian Seasoning and water to the slow-cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat for 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 hours or until sauce thickens.
- calories: 199
- calories from fat: 50
- cholesterol: 68mg
- dietary fiber: 4.0g
- potassium: 931mg
- protein: 25.5g
- saturated fat: 1.9g
- sodium: 458mg
- sugars: 6.5g
- total carbohydrates: 11.5g
- total fat: 5.6g
- trans fat: 0.0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you have high blood pressure?