Hummus Crusted Chicken
Add ingredients to a glass baking dish, bake and have dinner ready in half an hour.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1/2 tsp, Italian seasoning
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Makes 2 servings
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Dice zucchini, yellow squash, and onion.
- Add all of the chopped vegetables into a medium sized bowl. Mix the veggies together and toss them with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour the vegetables into a 9x9 glass baking dish.
- Put 2 chicken breasts on top of the vegetables. Next, lightly season them with Italian seasoning.
- Spread hummus onto each of the chicken breasts.
- Put tin foil on top of the glass dish before putting it into the oven for 30 minutes.
- For the last 5 minutes, take off the tin foil so the hummus can dry and make a crusted layer on top of the chicken.
- calories: 282
- cholesterol: 62mg
- dietary fiber: 4.3g
- potassium: 776mg
- protein: 25.3g
- sodium: 199mg
- sugars: 4.0g
- total carbohydrates: 12.4g
- total fat: 15.6g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you like to eat grilled cheese sandwiches?