You could serve it up with a few veggie sticks for simple tasty dip, but I’ve actually been using it spread on grilled chicken or steak or on top of some roasted or steamed veggies and it’s fantastic! Adds a whole layer of flavor and it’s quick to make.
- 1 can chickpeas/garbanzo beans (about 400g/14oz)
- 1 tbsp unhulled tahini (approx. 30 ml/1oz)
- Juice from 1 lemon (approx. 30 ml/1oz)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Whizz the unhulled tahini and lemon juice in a food processor, stop and scrape the sides as needed
- Add the drained and rinsed chickpeas, olive oil, garlic, salt and cumin and whizz until blended
- Then drizzle in the water until you reach your preferred consistency
- Serve and enjoy!
- calories: 119
- carbohydrates: 4.0g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 9.8g
- fiber: 1.9g
- potassium: 51.6mg
- protein: 2.6g
- saturated fat: 1.4g
- sodium: 97.3mg
- sugars: 0.2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
What are your go-to snacks when managing type 2 diabetes?