Honey Mustard and Almond Chicken
Chicken again? Try mixing up your traditional chicken recipe with this slightly sweet and crunchy dish. Honey mustard and roasted almonds give bland chicken a boost of flavor. For a more complete meal, serve this dish with your favorite roasted vegetables or a green salad.
- 5 oz. boneless, skinless, chicken breast
- 1 tbsp. honey mustard
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 oz. roasted almonds, crushed
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Tenderize chicken with meat mallet
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- In a medium size bowl, mix together honey mustard and Dijon mustard
- Dip chicken (both sides) into mustard mixture
- Coat chicken (both) with crushed almonds
- Place chicken on baking sheet (lined with aluminum foil)
- Bake chicken in oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes
- calories: 421
- carbohydrates: 10g
- fat: 24g
- fiber: 3g
- protein: 38g
- sugars: Per Serving
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How long have you been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes?