Instead of buying pre-packaged polenta, you can make it yourself!
- 1/4 cup uncooked polenta
- 8 eggs
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbs. olive oil
Makes 4 servings
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a boil. Add polenta, then stir and turn heat down to low. Let the polenta simmer for 15 minutes until soft and has a cream of wheat consistency.
- Once the polenta has cooked, transfer to a deep dish plate, and put in the freezer to cool.
- After 45 minutes, the polenta should have cooled and kept it's shape. Place a cutting board on top of the plate, and invert the polenta so it is now on the cutting board.
- Cut polenta into four parts, like cutting a mini pizza.
- In a medium sized pan, scramble eggs, first coating the pan with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Heat up polenta in the microwave for 30 seconds so it is warm.
- Slice avocado into slivers and place 1/4 of avocado on each slice of polenta.
- Add eggs onto plates. (Each serving should have about 2 eggs)
- calories: 293
- cholesterol: 327mg
- dietary fiber: 3.6g
- potassium: 362mg
- protein: 12.7g
- saturated fat: 5.3g
- sodium: 127mg
- sugars: 1g
- total carbohydrates: 12.6g
- total fat: 22.1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?