Homemade Chicken Cordon Bleu With Rice
This is one of my favorite homemade recipes. It takes virtually no time to prepare. It is a little high in fat but it’s only one meal in the day. You could ensure your other meals are lower in fat if you need to, when you plan to have this dish. Let me know how you like it if you try this recipe. Or how you vary it if you change anything. Enjoy!
Makes 1 serving
Ingredients for homemade chicken cordon bleu with rice
- 5 oz chicken breast, skinless, boneless
- 1 slice swiss cheese
- 3 slices deli ham
- 2 tbsp Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup long grain white rice, cooked
Other supplies needed
- Parchment paper
- Food grade string or elastic
Directions for homemade chicken cordon bleu with rice
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Place raw chicken on a piece of parchment paper. Pound the chicken down so it is thin enough to roll.
- Place Swiss cheese on chicken.
- Place slices of ham on top of chicken.
- Roll the chicken and tie securely with 2 pieces of string or elastic.
- Line a baking sheet with a second piece of parchment paper. Place rolled chicken on the sheet.
- Spread Italian salad dressing over the chicken roll.
- Bake for 25-30 min to an internal temperature of 165F to ensure the chicken is done.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare your choice of rice.
Note: Serve chicken and rice with your favorite vegetable (not included in nutrition facts).
- calories: 539
- carbohydrate: 25g
- cholesterol: 137g
- fat: 23g
- fiber: 0.4g
- potassium: 759mg
- protein: 54.8g
- saturated fat: 7.5g
- sodium: 1271mg
- sugar: 1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you have high blood pressure?