This dish is perfect for the days when you can’t spare a lot time in the kitchen cooking over a stove. This meal is quick to prepare but still delicious. Add a pop of color by adding red cabbage.
- 1/2 butternut squash, diced
- 1/2 red cabbage, diced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices of ham
Makes 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- On a cutting board, cut away/peel the skin of the butternut squash.
- Next, dice the butternut squash into cubes.
- Using a large knife, cut the red cabbage in half and dice the red cabbage
- In a 9 x 11 glass pan, mix together butternut squash and red cabbage.
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper to the pan and mix together.
- Bake dish in oven for 45 min until the butternut squash is soft.
- Serve with chilled ham.