These guacamole cakes make the perfect savory breakfast and are a great alternative to traditional pancakes. For an extra special touch, top cakes with a little sour cream and fresh salsa.
Interested to learn about all the health benefits of incorporating avocados to your diet? Check out this article!
Serving size: 1 guacamole cake
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl
- Using a hand mixer, mix together ingredients until well combined
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat
- Use muffin scoop to portion batter onto skillet
- Heat each side (approximately 5 minutes) until brown
- calories: 119
- carbohydrates: 11g
- fat: 6g
- fiber: 2g
- protein: 6g
- sugars: 0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?