Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
Looking for some new and fresh grilling ideas? These savory grilled mushrooms are hearty and make a great and satisfying substitute for meat. Marinate them ahead of time to infuse big flavor.
- 4 medium Portabello Mushroom caps
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup water
- Place mushrooms top down in a glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, seasonings and water.
- Drizzle dressing mixture over mushroom caps.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap and let mushrooms sit at least 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat grill.
- Brush a little more olive oil on tops of mushrooms and place them top side down on a hot grill.
- Grill about 7-10 minutes until knife tender or until they reach an internal temperature of about 180'F or to your desired level of doneness.
- Serve hot with fresh green salad and fresh grilled corn* or other vegetables.
- *1 medium ear of corn has about 70 calories, 15-17 grams of carbohydrate and 2 grams of fiber
- calories: 134
- dietary fiber: 1.3g
- potassium: 422mg
- protein: 2.2g
- saturated fat: 1.8g
- sodium: 193mg
- sugars: 1.6g
- total carbohydrates: 4.5g
- total fat: 12.8g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, sleep apnea, RLS) in addition to your diabetes?