Grilled Corn and Black-Eyed Pea Salad
We are nearing the end of the summer months, but there's still time to fire up the BBQ and eat fresh corn.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ears of corn
- 1 medium tomato
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 can (15 oz.) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
Makes 8 servings
- Brush olive oil on the ears of corn. Grill corn on the barbecue for 15 minutes until the edges start to brown. Turn corn as it is cooking so all sides are grilled.
- Chop tomato and green onions and place in a bowl.
- Next, drain and rinse black-eyed peas, then add them to the tomato and green onions.
- Once the corn is cooked, cut the kernels from the cob with a knife and add them to the bowl.
- 5Finally, add lemon pepper and salt to the salad and serve warm or cold.
- calories: 118
- calories from fat: 54
- dietary fiber: 3g
- potassium: 227mg
- protein: 3.8g
- saturated fat: 0.8g
- sodium: 304mg
- sugars: 1.6g
- total carbohydrates: 15.1g
- total fat: 6g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?