Green and Gold Broccoli
This is a family favorite! Hope you enjoy.
Not a fan of veggies? Check out this article to learn how to love them!
Serving size 1/2 cup
- 3 cups broccoli
- 1/4 cup garlic croutons
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/8 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup slivered toasted almonds, optional
- Steam or boil broccoli until tender
- Melt butter. Pour into a square glass pan
- Add broccoli, shredded cheese, green onion, and almonds. Fold, to mix well
- Top with croutons
- Place pan under broiler until cheese melts. Careful not to burn the croutons
- Serve immediately
**you can substitute frozen broccoli for fresh, your choice
- calories: 181
- carbohydrates: 5g
- cholesterol: 41mg
- fat: 15g
- fiber: 0.2g
- protein: 8g
- saturated fat: 9g
- sugar: 0.4g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you practice self-care?