This is a favourite little salad for when I’m craving something fresh and it works well as a side some grilled meat. It’s easy to make, especially if you have a food processor or mandolin grater/slicer! It will also keep well for a few days in the fridge so you can make extra and eat it for days!
Serving size: ½-1 cup
- 2 medium sized beets (approx. 230g/8oz)
- 2 medium sized carrots (approx. 180g/6oz)
- 1/3 cup parsley
- Juice from 2 lemons (approx. 60 ml/2oz)
- Remove the top and tail from the beets and carrots (also peel if preferred)
- Grate the beets and carrots and place into a bowl
- Chop the parsley and add this to the bowl with the fresh lemon juice
- Stir well and serve. Enjoy!