Grated Beet Salad
This is a favourite little salad for when I’m craving something fresh and it works well as a side some grilled meat. It’s easy to make, especially if you have a food processor or mandolin grater/slicer! It will also keep well for a few days in the fridge so you can make extra and eat it for days!
Serving size: ½-1 cup
- 2 medium sized beets (approx. 230g/8oz)
- 2 medium sized carrots (approx. 180g/6oz)
- 1/3 cup parsley
- Juice from 2 lemons (approx. 60 ml/2oz)
- Remove the top and tail from the beets and carrots (also peel if preferred)
- Grate the beets and carrots and place into a bowl
- Chop the parsley and add this to the bowl with the fresh lemon juice
- Stir well and serve. Enjoy!
- calories: 22
- carbohydrates: 7.3g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fiber: 4.3g
- potassium: 337.7mg
- protein: 1.6g
- sodium: 49.5mg
- sugars: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
- total fat: 0.15g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?