This recipe was created to be an alternative to the high carb caramel apple. One caramel apple has nearly 60 grams of carb. Instead of a caramel coating this recipe features a peanut butter powder, making it lower in carbs and higher in protein.
- ½ medium size Granny Smith apple
- 1 tbsp. powdered peanut butter with chocolate
- 2 tsp. sugar free chocolate syrup
- ½ tsp. water
- ½ oz. crushed roasted almonds
- In a small bowl combine powdered peanut butter with syrup and water. Mix until powder is dissolved.
- Using knife or small spatula, spread peanut butter chocolate mixture onto flat side of apple
- Top with crushed almonds