Granny Smith Goodness
This recipe was created to be an alternative to the high carb caramel apple. One caramel apple has nearly 60 grams of carb. Instead of a caramel coating this recipe features a peanut butter powder, making it lower in carbs and higher in protein.
- ½ medium size Granny Smith apple
- 1 tbsp. powdered peanut butter with chocolate
- 2 tsp. sugar free chocolate syrup
- ½ tsp. water
- ½ oz. crushed roasted almonds
- In a small bowl combine powdered peanut butter with syrup and water. Mix until powder is dissolved.
- Using knife or small spatula, spread peanut butter chocolate mixture onto flat side of apple
- Top with crushed almonds
- calories: 160
- carbohydrates: 20g
- fat: 8g
- fiber: 4g
- protein: 5g
- sugars: 12g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you like to eat grilled cheese sandwiches?