Goat Cheese Muffin Cups
Impress your family and friends with these delightful goat cheese muffins. This recipe features goat cheese and pistachios. For a more complete meal, these muffins can be served with your favorite egg dish and fresh berries.
Did you know cheese is a nutrient-dense food, packed with protein, calcium, phosphorus, zinc, vitamin A, and vitamin B-12? Check out this article to learn more!
Serving size: 1 muffin
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup crushed pistachios (shelled pistachios)
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Spray muffin tin with baking spray
- Whisk eggs together in a medium size bowl
- Add goat cheese, whole wheat flour, milk, olive oil, salt and baking powder to eggs
- Use a hand mixer (or stand mixer) to mix together all ingredients until well combined
- Fold in pistachios
- Use an ice-cream scoop to fill each muffin tin half way with batter
- Bake muffins at 350 degrees for approximately 14 minutes
- Serve muffins warm
- calories: 167
- carbohydrates: 17g
- fat: 8g
- fiber: 3g
- protein: 8g
- sugar: 2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you have high blood pressure?