Garlic Honey Chicken
*Not happy when you see the carbohydrate Nutrition Fact? Want to lower it and still get all the flavor? Skip prep step #6 below. You have then reduced the carbohydrates by more than half by eliminating the drizzle which contains honey and cornstarch.
Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: ~30 minutes
Ingredients for garlic honey chicken
- 4 small chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- ⅓ cup of honey (if hardened, heat on the stove to liquify)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, concentrate
- 2 tsp jarred garlic
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
Preparation for garlic honey chicken
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Prepare the marinade: combining 1/2 the honey, 1/2 the lemon juice, 1/2 the soy sauce, and 1/2 the garlic.
- Place chicken in the marinade, coating well. Cover. Allow the chicken to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Place chicken on parchment paper. Discard remaining marinade. Bake until it reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
- In a small pot combine the remaining honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, and garlic. Heat to a boil.
- *Combine cornstarch and water. Add to the boiling mixture. Stir until mixture thickens, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter. Drizzle mixture over chicken.
Optional: Serve with brown rice, quinoa, or a fresh garden salad.
Note: Nutrition facts are for the chicken alone. Does not include brown rice, quinoa or garden salad.
- calories: 271
- carbohydrate: 26g
- cholesterol: 103mg
- fat: 4g
- fiber: 0.3g
- potassium: 547mg
- protein: 33g
- saturated fat: 0.8g
- sodium: 681mg
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you have high blood pressure?