Garlic and Basil Chicken
This chicken recipe is great for a single serving or to double or triple for a family.
Interested in more chicken recipe ideas? Check out this recipe for Easy Baked Tandoori Chicken!
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic (twice- one per chicken breast)
- 2 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 2 cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp shredded carrots
Makes 1 serving
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place chicken breasts on a baking sheet.
- Add salt and pepper and minced garlic to each chicken breast, then drizzle with olive oil before placing into the oven.
- Bake the chicken for 35-40 minutes.
- As the chicken is cooking, prepare the side salad by chopping the tomatoes and placing them on top of a bed of spinach with the shredded carrots.
- Once the chicken has baked, chop basil leaves and place on top.
- calories: 417
- carbohydrates: 14g
- cholesterol: 65mg
- dietary fiber: 3g
- fat: 31g
- potassium: 692mg
- protein: 29g
- saturated fat: 9g
- sodium: 117mg
- sugars: 7g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you like to eat grilled cheese sandwiches?