Frozen Grape Treat
On a hot summer day, this frozen treat is sure to keep you cool and satisfy your sweet tooth! Carob chips are a dairy-free alternative to chocolate chips, making this treat a great option for those of you on a dairy-free diet.
interested in more low-carb and low-sugar desserts? Check out these 9 Tempting Dessert Ideas
Serving size: 6 carob-coated grapes
- 6 grapes (green or red)
- 2 tsp. carob baking chips
- 1 tsp. almond milk, vanilla unsweetened
- 1 tsp. shredded coconut
- In a small glass bowl melt carob chips in microwave (10-20 seconds)
- Stir in almond milk
- Coat each grape in carob mixture
- Top each grape with shredded coconut
- Place in carob-coated grapes in freezer for 1 hour
- calories: 46
- carbohydrates: 8g
- fat: 2g
- fiber: 0g
- protein: 0g
- sugars: 7g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?