This deliciously easy salsa can be made anytime of year. The bright lime juice, crisp onion and fresh cilantro add great freshness when paired with canned tomatoes. There are many more ways to enjoy this salsa than just with chips, try it over chicken, eggs or salads. And, there's no added sugar! Enjoy!
- 1 (14 oz) can Organic, No salt added, diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- the juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a small but somewhat deep vessel such as a glass batter bowl or a small soup pot with tall sides.
- Pulse with an Immersion Blender until smooth but still chunky.
- If you don't have an Immersion Blender you could also use a food processor or a blender, just pulse until you get the consistency you like. Season to taste and enjoy!
Per 1/4 cup serving (serves 8)
- calories: 14
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fiber: 0.6g
- potassium: 13mg
- protein: 0.5g
- sodium: 95mg
- sugars: 1.8g
- total carbohydrates: 3.1g
- total fat: 0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original. Scaling only applies to the ingredient measurements: no adjustment is made to the recipe instructions, so pan sizes and cooking times and ingredient amounts referred to in the text of the recipe only apply to the original number of servings.
How often do you visit the Type2Diabetes.com community?