A low-carb version of traditional lasagna. Using eggplant instead of noodles, this dish is flavorful and hearty. You won't even miss the noodles!
- 2 portabella mushrooms, horizontally sliced
- 3/4 eggplant, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced into thin medallions
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 4 basil leaves
- 1 tsp. olive oil
Makes 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large saucepan, fry group beef for 5-7 minutes, until browned.
- On a cutting board, thinly slice eggplant lengthwise, slice mushrooms lengthwise, dice onion, and slice mozzarella into thin medallions.
- In a medium sized frying pan, fry diced onion in olive oil until golden brown and add to cooked ground beef.
- Pour tomato sauce into ground beef mixture.
- In a 9x9 glass pyrex dish, layer eggplant, ground beef mixture, mushrooms, spinach, 1/2 mozzarella cheese, second layer of eggplant, second layer of ground beef mixture and the rest of the mozzarella.
- Top the lasagna with basil and put the dish into the oven to bake for 35 minutes, until the eggplant is soft.
- calories: 424
- cholesterol: 131mg
- dietary fiber: 4.3g
- potassium: 892mg
- protein: 52.4g
- saturated fat: 8.9g
- sodium: 579mg
- sugars: 5.2g
- total carbohydrates: 11.8g
- total fat: 18.5g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?