This egg salad is easy to make, low carb and delicious. Add a pop of color by serving it in red cabbage!
- 2 eggs, hard boiled
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tsp. mayo
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- One layer of red cabbage
- salt and pepper to taste
Makes 1 serving
- Fill a small saucepan with water, add two eggs and boil for 10 minutes on medium heat to hard boil the 2 eggs.
- In a small saucepan, fry shredded carrots in coconut oil.
- Once the eggs have been cooked all the way through, soak in cool water for 3-4 minutes, then peel.
- On a cutting board, dice eggs, then add in mayo, salt, pepper, and cooked carrots.
- Using a spatula or spoon, mix together until all of the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- In order to make the red cabbage cups, cut the red cabbage in half, then peel the first layer away and cut into thirds.
- Spoon the egg salad evenly into the three cups and serve.
- calories: 167
- cholesterol: 329mg
- dietary fiber: 1.4g
- potassium: 294mg
- protein: 11.6g
- saturated fat: 3g
- sodium: 196mg
- sugars: 3.7g
- total carbohydrates: 7.3g
- total fat: 10.4g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, sleep apnea, RLS) in addition to your diabetes?