Egg Crepe Burritos
Want to make a burrito lower in carbs? Use eggs as a substitute for a tortilla.
- 1 egg
- 4 mushrooms
- 1 slice ham, diced
- 1/2 cup kale
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- Coat a small pan with coconut oil.
- Crack the egg and mix together the raw egg so it is the same consistency all around.
- Once the oil is hot, add a small portion of the egg to the pan, just enough to coat the bottom, this will become your "burrito shell"
- Dice mushrooms, slice ham and shred the kale.
- Heat the veggies in a separate pan in coconut or olive oil.
- Make more burrito shells until the egg is all used, this should make 4-5 shells.
- Top the egg shells with toppings, then fold to make your egg crepe style burrito.
Learn more about how eggs are extremely nutritious and a great source of protein.
- calories: 42
- carbohydrates: 2g
- cholesterol: 40mg
- dietary fiber: 1g
- fat: 3g
- potassium: 92mg
- protein: 3g
- saturated fat: 1g
- sodium: 71mg
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?