This dish is my take on vegetarian fried "rice" and can be enjoyed as a breakfast, lunch, or dinner meal.
Interested in more diabetes-friendly side dishes? Check out these 9 Diabetes-Friendly Side Dishes!
Serving size: approximately 1 cup
Ingredients for edamame scramble:
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup edamame, shelled
- 1 cup riced cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp less sodium soy sauce
Directions for edamame scramble:
- In a medium-size skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat
- Add in edamame and riced cauliflower
- Continue to heat over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes
- Pour into skillet eggs and stir ingredients until well combined
- Heat for an additional 3 to 5 minutes
- Stir in soy sauce
- calories: 208
- carbohydrates: 8g
- fat: 14g
- fiber: 2g
- protein: 12g
- sugar: 2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, sleep apnea, RLS) in addition to your diabetes?