Easy Chicken Stew
Soups and stews are so easy to make, all year round! This recipe is full of flavor and protein, leaving you full and satisfied. Give it a try for your next dinner.
Makes ~4 servings
Serving size: 2 cups
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Ingredients for easy chicken stew
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 32 oz container of vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
Directions for easy chicken stew
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a dutch oven and sautee chicken breasts until cooked through. Move to side.
- In the same dutch oven, add garlic, carrots, onions, and celery and heat over medium heat until veggies are softened and onions are translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add chicken back to the pot, along with all of the vegetable broth and water. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower to medium-low heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for approximately 45 minutes or until carrots are soft.
- Serve immediately.
- calories: 148
- carbohydrate: 10.6g
- fat: 2.3g
- fiber: 1.9g
- potassium: 473mg
- protein: 19.4g
- sodium: 153mg
- sugar: 4.7g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Has diabetes changed your exercise routine?