Easy Baked Tandoori Chicken
This Indian inspired dish is full of flavor and spices without being too spicy. Serve with cool apple slaw for a perfect compliment.
- 6 oz Non-fat plain Greek yogurt (such as Fage brand)
- the zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika (this is different than regular paprika)
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 green apple, peeled and finely julienned
- handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 scallions, fined sliced on an angled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 500'F.
- In a medium bowl mix yogurt, lime zest and spices together until combined.
- Lightly season chicken with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper then using tongs dip chicken into yogurt mixture on all sides until coated.
- Lay coated chicken on a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in 500'F oven for 15-18 minutes or until blackened and cooked through to an internal temperature of 165'F and juices are clear.
- For the apple slaw; mix together the julienned apple, tomatoes, lime juice, olive oil and 1/4 tsp salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chicken hot, topped with apple slaw.
- calories: 334
- calories from fat: 58
- cholesterol: 133mg
- dietary fiber: 4.2g
- potassium: 1268mg
- protein: 52.5g
- saturated fat: 1.4g
- sodium: 417mg
- sugars: 9.8g
- total carbohydrates: 16.9g
- total fat: 6.5g
- trans fat: 0.0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you have high blood pressure?